Inspection of the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service: East Service Delivery Area
Overview of incident data in the East SDA
- In the year to 31 March 2022 there were seven fatalities in accidental dwelling fires in the East SDA, a decrease of four from the previous year.
- There were 153 accidental dwelling fire non-fatal casualties.
- 9,136 UFAs resulted in 13,083 fire appliance mobilisations Of the 16,247 reported fire false alarms, 56% (9,136) were unwanted fire alarm signals.
- Those 9,136 UFAS calls resulted in a total of 13,083 fire appliance mobilisations in the year to 31 March 2022.
- Fire stations in the ESDA attended a total of 29,039 incidents in the year to 31 March 2022.
Numbers of Incidents Attended
Pie Chart which shows the split of incident types in numbers and percentages. Split of incident types shown includes fire incidents, non-fire incidents and false alarms.
Incidents per 100,000 Population 2021-22
This graph shows the comparison of the rate of false alarms, secondary fires and road traffic collision incidents per 100,000 population for the year 2021-22 between the East SDA and Scotland as a whole
Accidental Dwelling Fires per 100,000 Dwelling Properties 2021-22
This graph shows the comparison of the rate of accidental dwelling fires per 100,000 dwelling properties for the year 2021-22 between the East SDA and Scotland as a whole
Number of Casualties per 1,000 Fires 2021-22
This graph shows the comparison of the Number of casualties per 1,000 fires for the year 2021-22 between the East SDA and Scotland as a whole
5 -Year Trend - East SDA Incidents
5 Year trend of incidents in numbers between 2017/18 and 2021/22. Graph includes trend lines for 4 different incident types, these being false alarms, secondary fires, accidental dwelling fires and RTCs.
5-Year Trend - East SDA Dwelling Fire Casualties
5 Year trend of dwelling fire casualty numbers between 2017/18 and 2021/22. Graph includes trend lines for dwelling fire casualties and dwelling fire fatal casualties.